fredag 24 mars 2017

New York

Friday

Early Friday morning (17th March) I got on the train to New York City. Arriving there at lunch I got something to eat before making my way out to Tarrytown where I dropped off my stuff. I then went back into the city and just relaxed for the rest of the day. Didn't feel like doing anything big this evening as I had gotten a cold and my head got pretty messed up. Spent the evening chilling out with the person that helped me get a place to stay for the night before going to bed quite early.

Saturday

Started the day with breakfast in Tarrytown and then got on the train into NYC. A ride for about slightly less than 1 hour. From Grand Central Terminal I made my way to Central Park by foot.
A tall building on my way to Central Park
A street on my way to Central Park

Trump Tower
On my way to Central Park I really got my first experince (in daylight) of the tall and square buildings of NYC. Both for good and bad. Starting with the bad part, according to me it makes the city grey and kind of dull. Making NYC look like it has little personality compared to Boston or an European city of your choice. However it is very easy to navigate, you just need to know the right street and avenue and you will easily get to your destination. It also gives some amazing views. On my way to Central Park I happend to pass Trump Tower. No matter what you think about him I think the place looks pretty dull beeing just gold. It is also guarded by armed police officers as many other places in the city.

A statue right before walking into Central Park
A small vantage point in Central Park


Some kind of theater in the park

















One of NYCs very tall buildings
Bethesda Fountain
Moving around Central Park was very pleasant. The park looked nice even though it was very snowy. I can only imagine how amazing it looks in the summer.

A super yummy burger

From Central Park I started making my way down through the city. It got closer to lunch so I made my way to the Brooklyn Diner where I had an amazing burger.









On my way through the city I saw some classic and amazing sites. First I made my way to Times Square.




















An amazing place with huge screens making it seem like the sun was out even though it was a cloudy day. It's even more impressing during the evening or night where it lights up the place just as it was day. I did pass by Times Square during the Friday night but unfortanetly didn't snap any pictures then.

Flatiron Building
Empire State Building
An amazing looking roof

Starting to get cloudy
Washington Square Arch
A cool looking building

From Times Square I made my way towards Ground Zero and the 9/11 Memorial Museum. On my way I caught some famous and cool looking buildings seen in the pictures above. On my way there it got more cloudy and after a while it started snowing. At Ground Zero I met up with my Cezch Au Pair friend living near New York, whom I met at the training school. We went to the 9/11 memorial museum togheter.
The smoke from the 9/11 attacks from across the river
The 9/11 Memorial was captivating and very interesting. It had a lot of personal stories and captivating facts about before, during and after the event. On a scale from 1 to Concentration Camp I would put it one step below Concentration Camp. Just like a Camp it is very captivating and an awful act. The Camps do however feel more real and just feel like a bigger thing. Probably cause they are part of a bigger event that happend over a longer time. I still think it's a worthwhile experience. After that I had dinner and then my cold and headache beat me and I had to go back to rest.

Sunday

Got up and went to the city to meet up with my German Au pair friend wich I also met at the training school and also lives near New York. We went to the Barcade. A bar filled with old arcade machines. After that we went for some pizza.
NOM NOM NOM Pizza
From there we got some supplies for the train and then went to Penn Station where I got on my train back to Boston, a ride for about 3 and a half hour. Now for some pictures somewhere between New York and Boston:

Somewhere between NYC and
Boston
Somewhere between NYC and
Boston
Somewhere between NYC and
Boston
Somewhere between NYC and
Boston
Somewhere between NYC and
Boston





























After the train I finally had got home to Boston and got some dinner and then went to bed.

After the weekend I think it was an amazing trip wich I really enjoyed and definently could return to, altough I think I prefer walking around Boston. Also sorry for some weird formating of the pictures the editor drives me crazy sometimes. Will look into writing some html-code and hopefully it will look better soon.
Ludwig

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar