tisdag 5 december 2017

Charleston

For two days (5-6 Oct 2017) and one night I went down to Charleston. An amazing place that I'm happy I visited again. This time I went alone by bus. A ride there that took more than 5hrs after a detour through Myrtle Beach. The first day as I arrived I ate a really southern meal with fried chicken, macncheese and some fries. A really great but unhealthy meal.

Fried chicken with Mac'n'cheese and fries

From a meal I got myself to the Charleston Museum. A nice little museum about the history around Charleston.











A replica of a civil war submarine
A cannon









A model of the battle for Sullivans Island
A whale skeleton
















These are just a few of the things I saw at the Charleston Museum. I think the museum was pretty interesting and is definently worth spending some time on if in Charleston. From the museum I got to my room and just walked around for the rest of the day.
The second day I made my way to the Fort Sumter ferry and took a trip out there. A really cool old fort where the American civil war started.
Right after getting off the ferry

An old shell from the civil war

Fort Sumter

Half flag for the victims of Las Vegas

A fort with some great history like a shell from the civil war. With such a short time I didn't have time to do any other major thing so after walking around for a bit I went home.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar